We are looking to appoint for the following position:
1:1 Teaching Assistant
This is a part time and fixed term position for 26.25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
Pay scale LGPS Grade D point 3-4
We are looking to appoint a teaching assistant to work with a Year 4 child with an EHC Plan to assist their access to learning within our school. The role will focus on supporting the child's social, physical and academic learning within the classroom, the playground and, where appropriate, 1:1 work outside the classroom. The role will require the post holder to feedback progress to the Class Teacher, Inclusion Manager and attend regular review meetings.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, caring and patient person who will work effectively within the class and school team.
The successful candidate will:
- have a calm and patient approach with the ability to inspire and motivate
- be flexible as support may also be required over the lunch hour and playtimes
- preferably have experience of working with children who have a wide range of different needs
- be willing to undertake appropriate training where necessary
- be understanding and empathetic
- cooperate well with the class teacher in order to maintain accurate records
- be willing to prepare resources to support the child’s personalised learning programme
- have good communication skills
- be able to provide support for individual children inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- have the ability to deal professionally and sensitively with children, parents, teachers and outside support agencies as necessary
- have an ability to reinforce the Christian ethos in school
- have a willingness to undertake further training
To find out more about the post, please contact our school office on (01788) 890677 to speak to the Headteacher, Head of School or Deputy Headteacher or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be made using the standardised application form available on request from the school office or by using the link below.
The post will start as soon as possible.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 15th November 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to identity checks, enhanced DBS disclosure clearance, production of satisfactory references, medical check and Right to Work in UK documentation. At least two references will be taken up for shortlisted candidates.